Getting Organized Physically and Mentally
Good morning everyone! I'm sitting in my sunroom with beautiful sunshine lighting the room as I write this post! I'm in complete amazement that it is September already...the year has flown by and the holidays are right around the corner.
Yesterday, we started the month by going to the first Carolina football game. The day started off a little overcast and cool, but ended up being a beautiful sunny day in Chapel Hill. The outcome of the game wasn't exactly what we had hoped for, but we still had fun. We had a fabulous dinner at Elaine's on Franklin and came home and built the first fire of the season. I couldn't have asked for a better day!
I have a few things that I would like to be more mindful of starting this month. Honestly, I have had a bit of a slow recovery from Sarah's wedding. I looked around our home and thought that maybe a bomb went off and I didn't know exactly where to start with putting things back together. It's time to start doing some cleaning out and organizing, but finding a good chunk of time to do that has been hard. I also don't really like to be stuck inside cleaning out a closet when the sun is out and it's a beautiful day. You can see my dilemma. Anyway, I think it helps to list goals, plans, etc. so, Im giving you my list below.
1. Treat myself with kindness - a fulfilling life starts with loving myself.
2. Get physically and mentally organized. My calendar has been in my head since the wedding and it's not working out too well!
3. Give myself credit for what is working well. This ties in with self love, but I think we should stop every now and then to celebrate our accomplishments!
4. Do at least 15 minutes of yoga everyday and get to the gym and to a formal yoga class more regularly. My exercise routine has been sporadic this summer. Some weeks I probably exercise too much and some weeks, not enough. This ties in with being physically and mentally organized. It's all connected!
5. Cook more and eat more healthy foods. My schedule has been crazy and it seems that I've been eating too much or not enough and definitely not enough of the healthy stuff.
So finally, about the outfit! This leather top is another piece that I've had for years. The classic cut and neutral color make it a piece that will always be in style. It zips up the back and can be worn under a blazer when the weather gets cooler. It goes with jeans, skirts, dressier pants, etc. and is basically the perfect piece. It was somewhat of an investment, but has been well worth the money! I paired it with my black, cropped skinny jeans because I'm a jeans kind of girl, and dressed it up with red Valentino Rockstuds and my Chloe bag. I'm linking some similar pieces below.
I hope that your Labor Day weekend has been great so far! I can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring! I'm going to Atlanta for Hudson's 2nd birthday soon and you know I'll be sharing pictures from that! Who doesn't love a good Sesame Street birthday party!
I would love to know your thoughts on this post! Please let me know by leaving comments below and follow me on Instagram @crazyblondelifeblog!