Dressing for Fall When It's 85 Degrees!
The weather here is still so hot, even though it's almost October and definitely too hot to wear the fall looks we're all so excited about! We had about a week when the weather actually felt like fall, and then the temperatures went back up again. The crisp air of fall is nowhere to be found! Everywhere I look I see sweaters and boots, but the thought of wearing them makes me sweat! Here are a few suggestions for incorporating fall into your wardrobe when it still feels like summer!
1. Stick to darker colors and lighter fabrics.
2. Trade in your straw tote for a leather bag.
3. Wear darker florals in a lightweight fabric.
4. Wear a tank in a neutral color with jeans.
5. Trade in your espadrilles for leather sandals, working in some closed toe shoes, but keeping legs bare.
6. Look for shorter suede skirts and wear with a simple blouse and bare legs.
7. If there is one thing that says fall, it's the color burgundy, it's the new it color.
8. Depending on the day, a sleeveless turtleneck or coat is a great option.
9. Wear tartan, plaid or check because it's everywhere this fall season.
10. Gold, or mustard is also a huge trend, so incorporate a sleeveless blouse as seen here.
11. Wear ankle boots instead of taller or over the knee boots.
We're headed to a football game this afternoon and it's going to be hot!! How are you dressing for fall while still staying cool? Leave a comment in the box below and let me know!
Today I'm linking with Elegantly Dressed and Stylish!