5 Great Things that Come With Age!
I read a great article in Allure magazine while I was sitting by the pool on Labor Day. The particular issue that I was reading focused on "the end of anti-aging". We've all heard it for so long...everything is anti-aging from eye cream to the latest smoothie! I am focusing today on some of the great things that happen as we age. Keep scrolling for five great things that happen as we age!
1. You're a Lot Happier! Science says, and it only makes sense, that you'll be happier in five years than you are now. I'm going to say that I am pretty happy now and it's great to imagine that I can be even happier. It has been scientifically proven that women learn how to better regulate emotions as we age. This means that we learn how to recognize our thoughts and how they cause us to feel. A study by the University of California, San Diego, discovered that the period of least stress in life comes after 40.
2. The Bags Under Your Eyes Let Up. "Research in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science found that eye bags' appearance improved from morning to evening for women between 55 and 65 years old, but not for their younger counterparts." This is because younger women's eye bags are often fatty deposits, while older women's are usually caused by fluid retention, which increases at night but lessens though out the day!
3. You're More Open Minded. A study at the University of Michigan found that women in their 50's were more empathetic than women who are younger. Even though you have strong views and opinions, you are still able to be accepting of those whose opinions differ.
4. You Can Dream of The Things You Want For Your Future. Your kids are grown and you aren't responsible for taking care of them anymore. It's time to embrace the possibilities and make you the priority!
5. You have knowledge from your life experience! It's your time to share with confidence and joy! Embrace your knowledge and life experience and be who you are - not who you think you should be!
Now, about the outfit! It is truly what I wore all day long. I wear white after labor day and all year long really. White jeans can be great with black over-the-knee boots and a beautiful sweater (example here)! Anyway, it's still pretty warm here and I'm dressing for it, even though I'm planning some great looks for cooler weather. I think this grey top that I got last season at GAP gave my outfit more of a fall look, even with white jeans. I ordered the bag that I'm carrying back in June before we went to the beach and had totally forgotten about it, until it came just about a week ago...! I think the whole outfit held up pretty well, considering I had been wearing it all day!
I'm including some links for things that are on my list below! It's hard to believe that another week has flown by so quickly! I'm excited for the weekend and another football game! Thanks for reading and have a great day! Follow me on Instagram @crazyblondelifeblog!